It's been a while since I did an easel style card and I thought it would be a great opportunity to do one this week for my classes. They have been asking for a "man" card and the stamp set "Geared Up Garage" fit the bill. So let's get started...
As Shown, you will need the following:
- Night of Navy Card stock, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches, scored at 4 1/4 inches.
- Two pieces of Garden Green card stock, 2 3/4 x 1 7/8 inches.
- Two pieces of DSP, (Argyle Patterned paper in this example), 1 1/4 x 4 inches.
- Scrap pieces of Whisper White card stock for the "All Geared Up Greeting", using the Nested Stitched Dies, the car stamp, from the Geared Up Garage stamp set and cut out with the Garage Gears dies, and the greeting "Birthday Cheer To You All Year" from the Parcels and Petals stamp set.
- Navy and white Baker's Twine
- One piece of card stock of Soft Sea Foam, 4 x 5 1/4 inches
- One piece of scrap Night Of Navy card stock for the Pretty Label Punch and to cut out the gears.
- After scoring the card base, using the paper trimmer, cut on each side a 1 1/2 inch strip just to the score line, thus making two thin flaps, and one larger middle flap.
- On the middle flap, score at 2 1/8 inches.
- Adhere the Soft Sea Foam inside liner to the Night of Navy card base.
- On the two outer thin flaps, adhere the argyle DSP, one on each flap.'
- On the middle flap, adhere the Garden Green card stock pieces, gluing one above and one below the score line.
- Stamp the car on the Whisper White card stock scrap in Night of Navy ink and cut out with die and adhere to the lower portion of the middle flap on dimensionals.
- Tie the bakers twine in a bow after wrapping around the flap twice.
- Cut out the gears from the die set and adhere to the top area above the car roof.
- On the scrap Whisper White card stock, stamp "All Geared Up to Celebrate" in Garden Green ink and cut out with the stitched nested die and adhere to the upper middle flap.
- Glue down the two thin flaps to adhere to the Soft Sea Foam interior.
- Bend the middle flap at the score line and lean against the punched Night of Navy / Whisper White stamped "Birthday Cheer To You All Year" greeting which you will adhere to the card base with dimensionals. This birthday greeting card will make someone smile when they receive it. Enjoy making this simple "man" card!