Here is another great card project for you to consider when you want to send a big"HUG" to someone who may need one. This pretty card is made in Petal Pink card stock but it's design serves a gentleman friend or relative as well. Not too feminine...just right! Here's how to make this beautiful card:
What You Need to Make This Card:
- Petal Pink card stock.
- Whisper White card stock
- Smoky Slate card stock
- Petal Pink Ink pad
- Smoky Slate Ink Pad
- Petal Pink ribbon (use any ribbon you may have that would coordinate with the card stock colors you select)
- Subtles 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (DSP)- Stripes
- Painted Labels Dies
- Nature's Thoughts Dies
- All Dressed Up Dies
- Positive Thoughts Stamp Set
- Snail-glue tape
Here's How to Make the Card Front:
- Petal Pink card base - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. Score at 4 1/4.
- Liner - Smoky Slate - 4 x 5 1/4 - Cut 2 (One for the inside)
- Liner - Striped DSP - 3 3/4 x 5 - Cut another strip, 3/4 x 5 (inside card)
- Fold the card in half. Apply the Smoky Slate liner with snail.
- Apply the striped liner with snail.
- Cut out the circular piece from the Painted Labels die set in Smoky Slate. Apply to the center of the striped DSP with dimensionals.
- Stamp two leaf images from the Positive Thoughts stamp set in Old Olive ink. Cut out both with corresponding die from the Nature's Thoughts die set.
- Cut out two floral images and the small butterfly with Petal Pink card stock from the Nature's Thoughts die set.
- Apply the leaf die cuts to the center of the Smoky Slate circle, one leaf set glued with snail flat, and the other attached on dimensionals.
- Attach the two Petal Pink floral pieces on dimensionals near the stem of the leaf branches. Apply the small butterfly to the leaf with a glue dot.
- Stamp the sentiment "Hugs, Prayers, Love" with Smoky Slate ink on Whisper White scrap. Cut out only the word "HUGS" with the die from the All Dressed Up die set. Apply that sentiment with dimensionals to the lower center of the card front. The front of the card is done.
Here's How to Complete the Inside of the Card:
- Apply the Smoky Slate liner with snail.
- Stamp the sentiment "Sending Positive Thoughts and feel-good wishes" with Smoky Slate ink to the center of the Whisper White layer.
- Stamp the "flourish" design in Petal Pink on the top- center of the sentiment as shown. Add the design to the bottom center of the sentiment as shown.
- Glue the striped piece of DSP to the bottom of the card, leaving a little Whisper White card stock showing. Add a piece of Petal Pink ribbon to the center of the striped paper, attaching the ribbon ends to the back of the Whisper White card stock with snail.
- Attach the inside Whisper White layer to the Smoky Slate layer with snail and the entire card is done.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING ANY OF THE PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS CARD, CLICK ON THE TITLE AND THE ITEMS WILL BE VISIBLE.