I LOVE CONEFLOWERS!!
I thought since I made some daisies on a card, I could do coneflowers too. So today I decided to turn the petals of a daisy to point down and added some flower centers to ake what I think comes close to looking like a coneflower.
Here is the recipe:
- Whisper White card base, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
- Liner is Elegant Eggplant, 4 x 5 1/4
- Coneflowers are made with the 1 3/4 inch punch from Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant card stock. Use a dauber to color each flower with the matching ink from the center of the flower out, leaving some space uncolored.
- Cut each circle in half. With scissors cut each half from the scalloped edge toward the center (do not cut through all the way) to form the petals. Move the outer petals in toward the center of the blossom and glue with 2 way glue pen to have them point downwards.
- Use a small oval punch, 3/4 x 15/16 inch, to punch out the flower centers from Soft Suede card stock. Trim the punched paper and take a wedge from the oval to form what looks like the flower center.
- Hand cut a tiny, thin, strip of Pear Pizzazz card stock to form the stem. Glue to the back of each flower and place the completed flower on the Whisper White Card stock liner, 3 3/4 x 5 inches.
- Cut a strip of Melon Mambo card stock, 3/4 in. x 3 3/4 inch and place to the right of the flowers.
- Cut a strip of Elegant Eggplant 3/8 inch x 3 3/4 inch to place on the right of the Melon Mambo piece. Place the completed card face on the card base with dimensionals.
- Add a strip of Melon Mambo card stock, 1/4 inch wide and beveled to make a banner end with the Banner Triple punch.
- Add a strip of Whisper White card stock 1/2 inch wide by 3 1/4 inch wide which is stamped with " on your special day" from the Botanicals for You stamp set in Elegant Eggplant ink. Burnish the edge of the strip with a dauber inked with Melon Mambo ink.