- First is an Easter basket that contains multi-colored eggs. The 2 inch square is from So Saffron and then lined with 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch Whisper White square. The basket is the Owl punch, with the feet of the owl cut off. The basket handle is the owl punched out once again and his head is cut off and the body remaining is cut free hand to form the handle. The basket is folder embossed in the LATTICE pattern. I added a small strip of GARDEN GREEN card stock and fringed one side to form "grass". The eggs in the basket are made from the tearfrop shape from the Tree Builder punch. Eggs are in So Saffron, Rose Red. Soft Sky, and Blushing Bride. Three small flowers are cut with the framelit from "Baby's First Framelit" set with pearls added in the center of each flower.
- The second panel is a 2 x 2 inch square that are flowers on a stem from the Cottage Greetings stamp set, The stems were stamped at different heights and flowers were cut out with the Baby's First Framelit flower used in the first panel. The flower colors are Rose Red, Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Elegant Eggplant and the stems are stamped with Garden Green.
- The third panel is a 2 x 2 inch panel in So Saffron and lined with a square of Whisper White, 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches. I punched the bird from the Bird Builder punch and trimmed the long tail in Soft Sky. I burnished the edges of the bird with white craft ink on the breast. I colored the beak with Tangelo Twist, took the cut feet from the owl and attached them to the bird. The tree branch is punched from the Tree Builder punch in Soft Suede and the leaves from the Bird Builder punch were added in Old Olive. I dotted his eye with black ink and cut off each leaf and attached it to the tree branch.
- The fourth panel is a 2 inch square in Blushing Bride and lined with a 1 3/4 inch square in Calypso Coral. From Whisper White card stock I punched an oval from the punch sized 3/4 added " x 5/16". Added a 3/4 " round punch for the body, and I free cut the ears. Cut a 2 " strip of Garden Green card stock and fringed it with scissors to look like grass. Added a pink flower "tail" from the same framelit as used previously and added eggs to the grass in So Saffron, Lost Lagoon and Blushing Bride.
- The fifth panel is a Lady Bug on Leaf. The lady bug is punched from the 7/8 " scalloped circle in Real Red. Cut 3 lady bug bodies and use one for a base and fold the other two in half and attach to the base. Add black dots from a hand punch and cover the entire body of the bug with Wink of Stella in clear. The head of the lady bug is punched from 1/2 " round punch. The antennae were free cut and dots were added at the ends. The leaf is cut from Pistachio Pudding paper from the Flower Fair Framelits. The leaf was burnished with Pistachio Pudding ink and dauber and added to the panel with a dimentional.
- I punched 2 butterflies from the large punch in Pistachio Pudding and Soft Sky. I stamped each with the same color ink from the stamp set Papillion Potpourri. The small butterflies were punched from Blushing Bride and Coastal Cabana. Used Wink of Stella glitter pen on the large butterfly wings and used Dazzling Diamonds on the small wings.
- The seventh panel is a bird house hanging from a tree branch. The house is punched with the small banner punch in Daffodil Delight and burnished with Pumpkin Pie ink. The roof was punched from the "stamp" edge punch (square) in Pacific Point. The heart o the roof was punched from the Owl Builder punch and added to the house. The branch was punched from Old Olive with the Bird Builder punch, I attached Bermuda Bay bakers twine to the back of the house to reach the tree branch. Made a tiny bow and added it with a glue dot. Flower cut from the Flower Fair framelit in Calypso Coral and a pearl was added to the center.
- The eighth panel is a stamped image of tulips from the Love Is Kindness stamp set. Colored the flowers with markers in Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, Tangelo Twist, and Rose Red. Colored the leaves in Pear Pizzazz and stems in Mossy Meadow.
- The ninth panel is a chick which was punched in So Saffron with 1 1/4 inch circle. I punched the wings from the Bird Builder Punch, punched the feet from the owl in the Owl Builder punch in Tangelo Twist and the crown was punched from the same paper using the Modern Label punch. The eyes are black beads that are glued in place and the beak is a small piece of Tangelo Twist paper cut into a triangle after being folded in half. The chick is placed on dimensionals.
Monday, February 29, 2016
Shadow Box Frame Insert
This is my nine panel Spring Shadowbox Sampler for this year. Each panel is a 2 in x 2 in square which is lined with a 1 7/8 inch square and each panel has an image of all things related to the Spring season. We are making this in my class on March 29th. I will go through each of the panels from left to right, top left to bottom right and explain each panel's construction: