Been pretty lax with posting on my blog but have had a lot going on in our family that needed attention. The challenges will continue but, hopefully, not at the pace they were occurring. So I have made some time to post another blog entry for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge # 191. For this challenge, we had to follow this sketch:
The picture that greeted you at the beginning of this blog is my interpretation of the sketch. Hopefully, the judges will like the arrangement of my card, and select my entry as a "TOP PICK"!!
For those of you who would like to make this card, the following is the recipe:
- Card stock = 5 1/2 x 11, scored in half to make a 5 1/2 inch card.
- Card base is Lost Lagoon Card stock.
- DSP - unfortunately, cannot remember the name of the package where this piece came from,but you can choose a piece of DSP that coordinates with the colors you have chosen..measures 5 x 5 inches.
- Liner = Island Indigo cut at 4 1/2 inch square.
- Banner = from the Hearts A Flutter Framelits, in Lost Lagoon.
- Circle = Night of Navy, cut from the Circle Framelits.
- Flower Base = Very Vanilla, cut at 2 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches.
- Flower was stamped in Night of Navy Ink from the stamp set, Best Thoughts. Stem was colored with Pear Pizzazz Marker.
- The flower was colored with daubers in three different inks blended together: Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon, and Island Indigo. I hand cut the flower and stem and placed it on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
- Greeting "You're In My Thoughts" was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock in Night of Navy ink and cut with the framelit from the Apothecary Accents Framelits.
- Burnish the edge of the greeting that was just cut in Island Indigo ink with a dauber.
- Using the Boho Blossoms punch, cut three different flowers and placed them on dimensionals and added a pearl for the flower center and two more down the banner to finish the look.
This card is a very easy but somewhat elegant card to send and can be an "any occasion" card. I hope you like it and will let me know your thoughts. Please see my Facebook page by clicking on the link for Facebook on the right side of this page. You can also see my Stampin' UP web page by clicking on that link there as well.
Hope to have you comment on the above card whether you like it or not. Always room for improvement...
Thanks for taking a peek!