PCCCS # 195
Glad you took some time to stop by and see what is new on my blog. The PCCCS challenge for this week intrigued me to come up with a creative card that contains the elements of the sketch (see above). Trying to use the new paper, I decided that I would try to create something using the new Flirty Flamingo paper. So here are the details you'll need to make this card:
- Cardstock - Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
- DSP - Affectionately Yours (new 2016-2018 catalog)
- Stamp Pad - Flirty Flamingo, Versamark, Pear Pizzazz, crumb Cake
- Stamp Sets- Work of Art, Mixed Bunch, Flower Patch, Me = Grateful
- Framelits - "grateful" from the Seasonal Frame Thinlits
- Flirty Flamingo cut at 5 1/2 x 10 inches, scored at 5 inches and folded
- Whisper White liner mat, 5 x 5 inches.
- DSP from the Affectionately Yours DSP, cut at 5 x 2 1/2 inches.
- Crumb Cake, cut at 2 x 5 inches.
- Inner Square, from Flirty Flamingo cut at 3 1/2 x 3 1/2.
- White Square, Whisper White cut at 3 x 3 inches.
- Floral piece, stamped from the Mixed Bunch set, in Versamark and embossed using gold embossing powder. Using an aquapainter, colored the inside of the image in Flirty Flamingo ink and punched out with the matching punch.
- "Grateful" cut from the thinlits in Flirty Flamingo.
- "For YOU" stamped in Crumb Cake from the Work of Art stamp set.
- Crumb Cake ribbon from the ribbon punch, 3/8 x 3 inches.
- Two flowers stamped in Versamark, embossed in gold embossing powder and hand cut along with the centers of each flower. Centers colored in with Flirty Flamingo with an aquapainter.
- Add two diamond rhinestones and the front of your card is complete
I think it comes close to the sketch after moving the floral piece...just did not want to fit in the lower right corner! Sometimes I wonder if i am putting together colors, patterns, stamps and color together in the right way...THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A CHALLENGE!
Hope you will try making it and I thank you for stopping by and taking a peek! If you need product for this project you can order the items below...they are found on my Stampin' Up website.