PCCC # 192
The card I made above was my contribution to the latest PAPER CRAFT CREW CHALLENGE # 192. The sketch above was designed for us crafters to follow but add our own ideas, colors, and design but still include all of the elements in the sketch. I hope I achieved it in the purple abstract card you see above. Here's how I made it:
- The Card base is Whisper White card stock, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches after scoring and folding.
- I added a liner of Perfect Plum card stock, 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
- The card face is designed on Whisper White card stock that measures 2 2/4 x 5 inches.
- Using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, I chose the ink blot design and stamped it three times on the white card stock.I stamped the first time in full ink, the second time as a stamp off, and the third time as a stamp off twice. It resulted in a gradual lightening of the same color ink, which I thought looked coordinated.
- I added the flourish stamp in the set Everything Eleanor and stamped it on top of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps in Elegant Eggplant ink.
- To follow the sketch, I added a strip of Perfect Plum paper, 7/8 x 1 7/8 inches and punched the banner with the Banner Triple punch.
- Adding the next element of the sketch, I took the double ended banner framelit from the Mini Treat Bag frameiit set and cut it out in Elegant Eggplant.
- I added both to the card face, crossing them to the left of the applied stamped design.
- I added the sentiment "happy mother's day" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on a 1/2 inch strip of Whisper White card stock and cut that out with the framelit from the Mini Treat Bag framelit set. It was stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink.
- I added the flower to take the place of the circle in the sketch by stamping it from the Everything Eleanor stamp set in Perfect Plum and used a dauber with the same ink to color in the flower.
- I placed the design on a card base that measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches to complete the card face.
I hope you like the card and I appreciate you taking a peek at my work and like the card recipes. Please feel free to comment on any of my ideas. Please click on my Facebook and Stampin' Up web pages to see more.