Thought I'd pull out an old friend in my collection of stamp sets, the Petite Petals set, and make a class card using this "old friend". I like the A Nice Cuppa framelit set and wanted to do something that would be appropriate and feminine, maybe for Mother's Day. So I got to work and this card is what I came up with. Here's the recipe:
Mint Macaron, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 after scoring and folding.
Smoky Slate, 3 x 4 1/4 inches
Whisper White, 2 3/4 x 4 inches.
Also used the "ribbon punch" to make a strip of Whisper White ribbon to place on the left side of the card face. Just felt it needed something.
Ink = Mint Macaron
Embossing Powder = Clear
Whisper White Baker's Twine (for tea tag)
Perlen-Pen (available at Joann's or Michael's) which is a liquid pearl that is squeezed into the center of the flower to imitate pearl centers.
Punches - I inch square punch (to make the tea tag)
Ribbon Punch - to make the ribbon o the face of the card
Petite Petals punch - to punch out the flowers that go into the tea cup after stamping.
Framelit- A Nice Cuppa Framelit set
Putting It Together:
- On the Mint Macaron card base, stamp randomly your choice of Petite Petals stamps in Versamark and allow to dry. The images will be subtle but visible on the card stock.
- Place on dimensionals the Smoky Slate card stock, centering in the middle of the card base.
- Place a piece of Whisper White card stock over the Smoky Slate, making sure that the edges are even all around.
- On a piece of white scrap, stamp the tea cup image with Mint Macaron ink and cut out with "A Nice Cuppa" framelit. Stamp the flower image in the middle of the tea cup with Versamark and sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat.
- Stamp an assortment of Petite Petals stamps in both Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate using the stamp off technique for some of the flowers.
- Place the tea cup on dimensionals and place on the white card stock.
- Arrange the punched and stamped flowers into the tea cup, putting some of them on dimensionals. Mix the colors of the flowers as they are placed on the card.
- Cut a short piece of Whisper White bakers twine to make the tea bag string.
- Stamp on a piece of white scrap the "just for you" sentiment and punch it out with the 1 inch square punch. Trim the punched sentiment to form a rectangle and trim the edges.
- Attach the bakers twine to one of the undersides of the flower and the other end to the tea bag tag with a dimensional.
- Add a length of punched ribbon in Whisper White card stock to the left side of the card base for interest.
- Add the liquid pearl in the center of the flowers and allow to dry. YOU ARE DONE!