Was looking at some samples of "banner" cards and thought that would be another way to do a masculine card for a birthday or any other occasion. I thought I would make it with simple lines and not too fussy and so this is what I came up with. Very easy to put together, the banner and card flaps open to reveal the inside greeting which is "Happy Birthday". Here's the Tutorial:
- Cut a piece of card stock 4 1/4 x 11 inches.
- Score the card stock at 2 1/8 inches from each end, on the long side.
- Cut two pieces of DSP at 2 x 5 3/8 inches. Crease the card at the score lines and add the DSP to both flaps.
- I used the banner framelits and selected the third largest banner size and cut two banners from Whisper White paper.Cut an additional two banners of the same size from Night of Navy paper and snip about 1/4 inch from the straight end. Layerboth pieces together and attach to the front of the card making sure not to adhere the entire banner (otherwise the card will not open).
- Choose your favorite greetings to fill the top of the white banners. Add two buttons on each banner with bakers twine. Stamp your inside greeting on white card stock lined with Night of Navy Card stock and you are done. A simple and great card to give to any man on your card list!