I did my best to recreate the picture I was shown and probably my version does not come close to the original creation. But, I thought I'd post this card because it has beautiful colors that work together and you can have an opportunity to emboss with powder.
Here is the card recipe:
- Stamp set is Balloon Celebration. i used the small round circle that is made up of many circles to start this flower. I stamped the circle in Whisper White ink and took white embossing powder and embossed it. From there I took the large "brush Like" flower and with the small brush like" flower, and touched the outer part of the circle using white ink until it was in a circle shape and looked like a dandelion. Once it was embossed with powder and heated, I made a second flower next to it, just a little taller. It really turns out looking like a dandelion when you are done.
- I took each of the Brush like flower pieces and scattered them in a floating pattern with white ink and embossed them with white embossing powder and heated them. Once done, they look like they are being taken away by the wind. Very pretty and so simple.
- Any sentiment can be used with this card...sympathy, birthday, thinking of you, thank you and is totally appropriate.
- I used Memento black ink to make the stem for each flower.
The card background:
- Using Whisper White card stock 3 3/4 x 5 inches, I took a dauber of Soft Sky ink and swirled it in circular pattern across the paper.
- Using Marina Mist, I loaded a dauber of color and went over the Soft Sky already applied to add some depth to the color
- To soften and brighten the background I did the same swirl / dauber technique with Whisper White ink and swirled it in only a few places on the card stock. I am really happy with how it turned out.
The Colored background card just made is placed on a 4 x 5 1/4 in. piece of white card stock and both are placed on the card base which is a piece of Marina Mist card stock that measures 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.