Valentine Note Card and Treat Box Tutorial
All images © 1990-2017 Stampin’ Up!®
Supplies: Note Card
• Stamp Sets – Forever Lovely (148624);
• Card Stock – Gorgeous Grape (146987); Melon Mambo (115320); Granny Apple Green (146990); Whisper White (100730)
• Stamp Pads – Melon Mambo (147051);
• Misc. – How Sweet It is Designer Series Paper (DSP) (148568); ); Be Mine Framelit
(148527); Dimensionals (104430); Snail (104332); Gorgeous Grape Ribbon (146940);Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes (131527); Tear & Tape (138995); Detailed Trio Punch (146320); Tombow Liquid Glue (110755)
• Card Stock 1: Gorgeous Grape 4 ¾ x ” x 3 1/4” (Cut 2)
• Card Stock 2: Whisper White 4 ½ x 3’ (Cut 1-for inside)
• Card Stock 3: Melon Mambo (scraps) Heart Border
• Card Stock 4: Granny Apple Green (scraps) Cut one banner, ¼ x 3”
• Card Stock 5: Whisper White (scraps) Heart, banner, multi heart piece
• DSP: How Sweet It Is 4 ½ x 3” , 1 x 3”
Instructions: Card Face
1. Attach with snail the Gorgeous Grape liner to the front of the note card base.
2. Attach with snail the How Sweet It Is DSP to the Gorgeous Grape liner.
3. Take two lengths of ribbon and cut about ½ “ beyond the card margins. Attach both ribbon strips to the back of the Gorgeous Grape Mat with tape or snail.
4. Attach the multi heart white card stock piece to the ribbon with snail. Attach the entire Gorgeous Grape set (DSP, Ribbon) to the front of the note card.
5. Attach the Whisper White multi heart piece to the ribboned card face with snail.
6. Attach the Melon Mambo Heart border to the multi white heart piece with snail.
7. Attach the Whisper White heart to the Melon Mambo Heart border with snail.
8. Stamp the Whisper White banner with the “Happy Valentine’s Day” stamp with Melon Mambo Ink.
9. Take the Granny Apple Green banner piece and cut it in half. Attach each half to the back of the Whisper White banner piece and attach all to the heart front.
10. Make a simple bow and attach to the top right of the heart border with glue dots.
Instructions: Card Interior:
1. Attach the second Gorgeous Grape card stock to the inside of the note card.
2. Attach the Whisper White card stock piece to the Gorgeous Grape liner.
3. Stamp “You Are Loved” stamp in Melon Mambo to the white card stock.
4. Attach the 1 x 3’ DSP strip to the bottom of the white card stock.
5. Attach the ¼ x 3” strip of Granny Apple Green card stock to the middle of the DSP. The card is done.
1. Cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Card stock 5 ½ x 7”
2. Cut a piece of How Sweet It is DSP 2” x 7”.
3. Score Gorgeous Grape card stock…long side = 2 3/8, 4 5/8
4. Score on the short side ¾, 1 ½, 4, 4 3/4
5. Cut on the long score lines up to the next score line. Remove the outermost rectangles.
6. Do the same cutting on the score lines on the opposite end. Remove the outermost rectangles.
7. Use a corner rounder punch to round the corners of the box
8. Fold on all score lines. Glue rectangles to the sides of the box on both sides. Use Tombow Liquid glue or Tear & Tape to hold the box together. (To see the box assembly more clearly, watch the video…here is the link:
9. Take the piece of DSP and wrap it around the box and softly pinch around the box edges. Snail the strip in place. Before gluing be sure to slide the band easily on and off the box.
10. Embellish the band by adding another Melon Mambo Heart Border, a scalloped heart cut in Whisper White card stock, and a Granny Green Banner assembled per the card directions except to cut the stamped “for you” greeting into a small piece and glue it to the Granny Apple Green banner. ADD SOME TREATS and give to your favorite Valentine!
Please see the video below to see how to make these projects!!!