Hello Stampin' Friends,
Thought I'd share with you the dimensions and directions on how to make this cute treat box for someone special on your Christmas list. The box is adorable and it's overall dimensions are about 3 inches long, about 2 inches wide, and about 1 1/2 inches deep.... Great for a hand sanitizer or a couple of special chocolates. So if you'd like to make this box, grab some card stock and let's get going...
1. Cardstock #1 (Real Red in this example) = 6" x 5"--Score at 1 1/2 inches all the way around the card stock. This will be the box that contains the surprise.
2. Cardstock # 2 (Real Red in this example) = 8" x 3 1/8". You will be scoring on the long side of the paper at 2 1/16, 3 9/16, 5 5/8, and 7 1/8. This is the box cover that slides on and off.
3. Whisper White Scraps and Pool Party Scraps for stamping and layering.
4. DSP - You will need the following pieces of DSP to decorate the outside of the sleeve over the box:
2 7/8 x 1 3/4 - Cut one piece, top of slider
2 7/8 x 1 1/4 - Cut two pieces, sides of the slider
1 3/4 x 1 1/4 - Cut two pieces, ends of the box
5. Begin assembling the box portion by burnishing the score lines of the 6" x 5" inch paper with a bone folder. This makes for a crisp fold and the box is neat and in porportion. Holding the 6 inch side at the top, cut up the score lines on the lower and upper portions of the paper...like this...
6. Take a small wedge out of the creases where the tabs have been made. If you cut straight to the LEFT of the score line, then cut the wedge by cutting out the score line. Do this on all four tabs.
7. Add tear and tape to the tabs on the opposite side near the score line....kind of like this...
8. Take the tape liners off the tape and put the box together. All sides of the box should be even.
9. Take the 8" x 3 1/8" paper and burnish the score lines with your bone folder.
10. Add tear and tape to the tab end of the box. Take the folded paper and wrap it around the box loosely so that after you take the tape liner off, you will still be able to slide the top of the box off. The box is completed.
11. Use the Stitched Oval and Scalloped oval die and cut a piece of card stock...Pool Party for the stitched die and Whisper White for the scalloped die. Stamp the snowman image as shown in Memento ink and color the snowflakes with Pool Party marker and his nose with Pumpkin Pie marker. Add the DSP pieces to the appropriate side of the box. Glue the two ovals together with snail and attach to the top of the box with dimensionals.
12. Add the striped Real Red Ribbon bow with glue dots and you have one very cute, hand made gift box for anything that fits! Hope you enjoyed making this project.
Please leave a comment...would love to know what you think!
Click on the word "Comments" just below this post.