Heartfelt Valentine Card
Glad you joined me to see how easy this card is made. It has an interesting tab closure that is different and I hope you and your recipients will wonder as to how we did it. So the following are the directions and measurements of how to make this card. Will also be adding a video so you can see first hand the details of each card element.
- Flirty Flamingo Card Stock
- Real Red Card Stock.
- "From My Heart" Designer Specialty Paper
- Heart Punch Pack
- Classic Label Punch
- Heartfelt Stamp Set
- Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Cut Flirty Flamingo Card Stock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 4 1/2 inches. This is the card base.
- Remove 1 1/2 inches from the card base and save for use as the tab closure. Score this piece at 3 1/4 and put through the scalloped Heart Punch pack to create a scalloped design on the tip of the strip.
- Cut a piece of DSP 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches and adhere to the card base front.
- Take the Classic Label Punch and punch through the card stock and the dsp to make a hole for the tab.
- Depending on how far into the card you punched the hole, take the strip of Flirty Flamingo that you have scored and adhere the scored side to the back of the card base. Ensure that the tab will reach the hole you punched before gluing to the back of the card.
- Punch two scalloped hearts with the scalloped heart punch in Real Red card stock.
- Punch two plain edged hearts with the plain heart punch in Flirty Flamingo card stock.
- Find the scalloped heart designer series paper and punch a Flirty Flamingo printed scalloped heart from the pack of DSP.
- With the Big Shot cut out two Flower / Leaf patterns shaped from Real Red card stock from the Stitched Be Mine Die set. Also cut a multi heart piece from the Stitched Be Mine Die set in Real Red card stock.
- Glue the scalloped hearts to the plain hearts and add the floral / leaf pieces together. You will have two sets when completed.
- Take the embellished hearts and attach to the front of the card closure with the tip of each heart just covering the hole you punched with dimensionals. Place one heart at the top and at the bottom of the hole.
- Take the punched scalloped DSP heart and stamp with Real Red Ink "Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue" on the front of the DSP heart and attach this heart with dimensionals but only on the left side of the hole punch. This will allow you to pass the tab closure through the hole and this will hide the hole itself, so the front of the card and the hole is covered.
- Add the multi heart die cut piece to the tab, trimming off the excess to decorate the tab closure.
- Add a piece of Real Red card stock measuring 4 x 5 1/4 inches as a liner to the inside of the card base.
- Take a piece of Whisper White Card Stock measuring 3 3/4 x 5 inches and stamp "So Lucky To Have A Friend Like You" and Happy Valentines Day to the card. Add additional small hearts in Flirty Flamingo.
- Adhere the just stamped piece to the inside of the card and you are DONE!