Welcome to another tutorial. Sharing my ideas for making this Daisy Gift Box and Matching Birthday Card...just the right compliment for gift giving.
Here are Directions for the Box: (box measures 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches.)
- Measure card stock 7 3/16"square. This will be the bottom of the box.
- Score the paper at 2" on all four sides.
- Please reference the picture above. The black lines are the score marks and each of the tabs in the corners is cut, wedged, and turned 45 degrees in pinwheel fashion. The wedge (small sliver of the tab) is cut on the tab side, not the box side. Repeat the cut on the score mark up to the next score line and wedge each side of the tab as shown.
- Fold all the fold lines and burnish with a bone folder to give the box a crisp and precise edge.
- Apply tear & tape to each of the four tabs in the manner shown. You must use tear and tape so the box will hold together well. Applying snail is not enough hold power for a box.
- Assemble the box bottom.
Directions for the Lid:
- Measure card stock or DSP at 6 1/4" square. Score at 1 1/2" on all four sides. Repeat cutting the tabs in the manner shown, fold on the score lines, and apply tear & tape to the tabs and assemble the box lid.
Finish the Box:
Items you will need:
- Daisy punch
- Medium daisy punch
- Leaf punch
- Old Olive Ribbon - sample on the box is 1/8" wide and assembled using a three loop technique
- 1/2" circle punch
- Strips of DSP that measure 1 1/4 x 3". Cut 4 and apply to the sides of the box lid as shown in the picture.
- Punch two daisies out of scrap card stock.
- Punch two daisies from the daisy punch. Put two layer daisy flower together with snail.
- Punch two flowers from the medium daisy punch from Whisper White card stock.
- Take the Leaf punch and punch four leaf patterns from Mossy Meadow card stock. Arrange the daisies on the box lid and place the leaf sets wherever it loos pleasing to the eye. Make a triple loop bow from ribbon you may have. This could be an optional set.
- Punch two 1/2" circles and use them to be the center of the daisies. Glue with snail.
Add any finishing touches to the gift box you may like. The box is completed...now let's move onto the card...
- From Crushed Curry card stock, cut a piece 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. Score on the long side at 4 1/4".
- Add the liner, Whisper White card stock, with snail that measures 4 x 5 1/4".
- Add another liner in Whisper White card stock with snail, measuring 3 3/4 x 5".
- Cut a strip of Crushed Curry card stock, 1 1/4 x 5 and apply with snail to liner to the far left of the card face.
- Cut a strip of DSP, 1 x 4 3/4 " and apply to Crushed Curry card stock with snail.
- Punch 4 large daisies in Crushed Curry card stock and bind together with snail, making two large daisy flowers.
- Punch 2 medium daisies in Whisper White card stock and bind together with snail, making one smaller daisy flower.
- Punch 3 - 1/2 inch circles with the punch and apply to the centers of each of the flowers.
- Punch 4 leafs with the Leaf punch and arrange and attach to the daisy flowers with snail.
- Using the banner die from the Lakeside die set, stamp the sentiment from the Perennial Birthday stamp set on Crushed Curry card stock with Memento Ink and cut out. Cut out same die shape with Soft Suede card stock. Cut Soft Suede die cut in half and apply to the back of the Crushed Curry die cut, extending the ends as shown.
- Finish the inside of the card by applying the HAPPY BIRTHDAY sentiment from the Perennial Birthday stamp set with Memento Ink on a 3 1/2 x 5 inch Whisper White card stock. Also add another liner in Whisper White card stock behind, measuring 4 x 5 1/4 in. Apply inside the card with snail.
- Add a piece of DSP that measures 1 x 5 inches to the bottom of the inside liner. Apply white baker's twine to the strip, winding two widths around the paper and attach to the back side. Make a bow with another piece of twine and tie. Your card and box set is done.